TarheelGRC Breeder List
The breeders listed below have agreed to maintain good standing with the AKC and GRCA, are active members of the Tarheel Golden retriever Club and abide by the guidelines outlined in the GRCA Code of Ethics, including but not limited to the following:
- Verification that both the sire and dam were over 2 years old at the time of breeding.
- Eye clearances (OFA Certification) on both the sire and dam, within 12 months of the current breeding.
- Hip clearances (OFA Certification or Penn Hip) on both the sire and dam after the age of 2 years.
- Elbow clearances (OFA Certification) on both the sire and dam after the age of 2 years.
- Heart clearances (OFA Certification) on both the sire and dam, issued by a veterinary cardiologist who is certified by the ACVIM (Cardiology) after 12 months of age.
Responsible breeders never prevent you from seeing the conditions under which the puppies were raised.
Back To Breeder Referral Main
Please keep in mind the demand for puppies is very high right now due to COVID-19. There are less available puppies as there are less being produced.Many breeders are overwhelmed by the number of inquiries they are receiving and may not be able to respond as they normally would.We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Tarheel Golden Retriever Club provides breeder referral information as a service to members as well as to those interested in adding a Golden Retriever to their family. We make no representations with respect to the breeders or breedings listed. We do not warrant the health or fitness of any puppy, nor does the club act in any way as the agent of any breeder.
The purchase of a Golden Retriever puppy is a transaction between a buyer and seller. We recommend that buyers educate themselves regarding the breed, the heath issues that have been associated with the breed, and any testing that is appropriate as a screeing tool for health risks.
The Golden Retriever Club of America has issued a GRCA Code of Ethics, which the Tarheel Club endorses and supports.